Q: Is KWANZAA Only For African Americans Or Others Celebrate It Too (by @shes_mightymighty)
I found that post on IG and really liked, because is giving more info for those whom think they can't celebrate Kwanzaa because are from some religion.
Myself as an Afro French Christian, I celebrate Christmas and also embrase the 7 principles of Kwanzaa.
- Kwanzaa is an African American and pan African holiday by African Americans and the African diaspora.
- It is not a religious holiday and is not intended to replace Christmas or Hanukkah.
- It begins December 26 and last for 7 days.
- Families and communities organize activities around Nguzo Saba ( The Seven Principles).
- Kwanzaa was founded by Dr Maulana Karenga, professor and chairman of Black Studies at California State University, Long Beach in 1996.
THE SEVEN PRINCIPLE
- Umoja (Unity)
- Kujichagulia (Self Determination)
- Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility)
- Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics)
- Nia (Purpose)
- Kuumba (Creativity)
- Imani (Faith)
Please find the whole post on @shes_mightymighty